Following a long period of closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on 18th May 2020 we opened our clinic doors for urgent face-to-face appointments. On 15th June we opened for more routine appointments. In order to do so we must follow strict guidance from the government, Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association.
For a shortened summary of the changes we are making see below:
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 infection risk before they attend.
- All patients will be required to wear a face covering. The clinic reserves the right to charge you for a mask if you do not have one.
- “Higher risk” patients are encouraged to book telehealth appointments instead of a face-to-face appointments
- There will be a reduced number of people allowed in the clinic at any one time. Currently there are no reception team onsite. No other family or friends will be allowed to attend your appointment.
- Patients will wait for their appointment outside or in the car. The practitioner will collect them.
- The patient will sanitise their hands on entry to the building.
- The patient will pay for their appointment using card, no cash. If they booked online they will have already paid online.
- The practitioner will be wearing single-use gloves, single-use aprons and a mask (PPE).
- The practitioner will have sanitised all surfaces before and after every patient enters the treatment room.
- Patients will not get changed before their appointment. No fabric gowns, towels or bench covers will be used. Only disposable tissues and wipe-clean materials.
- There may be some changes to treatment, for example, certain techniques or pieces of equipment may not be used to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- After your appointment the practitioner may take payment, schedule you another appointment, you will then sanitise your hands and leave the clinic.
- At the end of a shift, the entire clinic will undergo a deep clean and ventilation by the practitioner.
- There are Public Health England posters around clinic re-iterating how to minimise infection risk
- Due to increase costs of equipment, clinical waste and operating fees, plus the increased risk of working for our members of staff, the directors have deemed it necessary to implement a £2 price increase for most appointment types, further details can be found on our fees page.
Thank you for your understanding of these changes, we appreciate your support in maintaining high hygiene standards.